Imagine watching the viewer count on your latest video surpass the one million mark. That’s the dream, right?
Every minute, 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube. However, only a select few will ever reach a million views. These videos reach such large audiences because of the distinct ways in which they set themselves apart.
Here are four ways that YouTubers can reach a million views.
1. Create content that your audience will love
Quality content is the backbone of any successful YouTube channel. When a viewer loves your content, he or she will share it with friends and followers. In order to achieve viral status, content must be interesting, innovative, and unusual.
Walk Off The Earth is a Canadian alternative rock band that skyrocketed to success overnight. Their cover version of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know” received 1.5 million views within 24 hours of its initial upload. The video’s immense success can be attributed to its unusual content.
Walk Off The Earth took a unique approach to their cover video. Five musicians played one guitar. This never-before-seen style took the Internet by storm as viewers shared it across every social media platform. By ingeniously rethinking a hit song, the band produced a video unlike anything anyone had seen before.
Important lessons to learn from Walk Off The Earth:
- Create content that relates to your audience.
- Put a new twist on something popular.
- Rethink, redo, reinvent.
2. Actively engage with followers
YouTube heavily bases its search rankings on comments and clicks. By engaging with your audience, you open the doors for even more viewers to flood in.
Bethany Mota is a beauty and fashion vlogger whose YouTube channel has more than 10 million followers. She often represents YouTube in advertisements splattered across the buses and subways of New York City.
Bethany’s success came from the strong sense of community that she built among her followers. She persistently interacted with her subscribers from the get-go, which in turn encouraged a lot of engagement with her videos.
Important lessons to learn from Bethany Mota:
- Interaction with your audience builds a strong following.
- Because YouTube is a social netowrk, audience engagement drives more traffic.
3. Utilize Search Engine Optimization to increase visibility
YouTube is the second largest search engine worldwide. SEO is the most important way to raise your videos to the top of the search results page.
With over five million monthly views, FunToyzCollector is one of the most popular toy review channels on YouTube. The channel’s anonymous creator utilizes SEO to achieve this success. She writes keyword-rich titles, video descriptions, meta-descriptions, annotations, and tags to boost her search rankings.
Important lessons to learn from FunToyzCollector:
- Write several keywords into your title, description, and tags.
- Pick one strong keyword phrase to use in the title and description.
- Use YouTube’s free video analytics tool to choose appropriate keywords for your target audience.
- Use Google Trends and Google Adwords Keyword Planner to choose the best keywords.
4. Upload videos consistently
Uploading videos at regular intervals increases viewership by keeping followers interested in your channel. When they like what they see, they’ll want to come back for more.
Rosanna Pansino’s hit geeky cooking video series Nerdy Nummies receives 15 million monthly viewers. Rosanna uploads a new video every Tuesday. By sticking to this routine, she receives considerable traffic from viewers who are already subscribed to her channel.
Important lessons to learn from Rosanna Pansino:
- Upload consistently so that subscribers can rely on you.
- Consistency is the key steady growth in viewership.
- Publishing more videos will lead to more engaged users.
These strategies are tried and tested. Adopt them into your content creation in order to get your video closer to a million viewers.
Interested in getting your YouTube video discovered by masses of targeted fans? Click this link: www.promolta.com
Kristen Harris enjoys listening to a wide range of music, from Taylor Swift to, on occasion, Celtic instrumental. She also spends her time writing, reading, and baking.