YouTube has provided users with an extraordinary platform to earn money. YouTubers, both young and old, are making millions of dollars through exceptional video content. For example, 8-year old Evan rakes in $1 million a year through his channel, EvanTubeHD.
It is obvious that YouTube offers exciting opportunities to make money online. However generating a revenue in millions requires exceptional talent, efforts and a little bit of luck.
Below are 4 ways you can make money on YouTube.
1. Become a YouTube Partner
Join the YouTube Partner Program to earn money through advertisements and paid subscriptions. The program enables you to partner with YouTube and split the money you generate via ads. Thus, the YouTube Partner Program offers a very simple and convenient way to make money.
- Enable your account for monetisation. To do this go to the monetisation tab in your account’s settings. Then, click Enable My Account. This option will appear only if your account is in good standing and has not been disabled for monetisation. Finally, follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube monetisation agreement.
- Ensure your video meets YouTube’s video monetisation criteria. Violation of any one of these guidelines can make your video ineligible for monetisation.
- Integrate your YouTube and AdSense accounts to receive revenue.
2. Incorporate paid product placements
YouTube allows users to have paid product placements in videos. Therefore, you can get paid to display a brand’s products and services in your content.
- Partner only with brands whose products align with your video content.
- In-your-face advertising can leave viewers with a poor video experience. Therefore, present your products in a natural and seamless fashion.
- Product placements take time to materialise. Therefore, approach brands as early as possible to begin working on your video.
For example, take a look at the below video. YouTuber Rosanna Pansino mentions the products she uses to make cookie pops. The products have been tied in to the video in a subtle manner.
Note: Product placements will have to comply with YouTube’s ad policies.
3. Reach out to sponsors
Brand sponsorships have several advantages. Firstly, sponsorships are effective to make money on videos that have already been shot. Secondly, YouTube creators do no have to identify prospective sponsors before producing the video. Lastly, YouTubers can sign up sponsors themselves to eliminate middle men and generate more revenue.
- Build a large audience and upload intriguing videos to attract sponsors.
- Draft a good sponsorship proposal. Include a brief description of your channel, target demographics, average monthly views and number of subscribers.
- Target sponsors whose products and services align with your content.
- Reach out to sponsors through social networks, referrals and official websites for sponsorship requests.
4. Promote your products on YouTube
People often overlook the potential of indirect monetisation methods. One of the most effective ways to make money is to promote your products and services via YouTube. Therefore, focus on selling your products through engaging YouTube content to prospective customers.
- Create engaging content around your merchandise to compel viewers to make a purchase. For instance, if you are a fashion designer, produce a video to showcase your designs. You can include annotations to highlight the price of the products. In addition, you can also create “how to use this product” tutorials.
- Add links to purchase your product in the video description.
In conclusion, familiarise yourself with the various options available to earn money on YouTube. Follow the above strategies to effectively make money on YouTube.
Interested in getting your YouTube video discovered by masses of targeted fans? Click this link: www.promolta.com
Manasa Boggaram is a writer and has a strong passion for music, positive news and constructive journalism. When she is not researching story ideas or writing blog posts, she spends her time reading books, discovering new music and eating lots of street food.