A YouTube collaboration is a joint promotional effort by two or more YouTubers to grow their audience. It is predominantly used by YouTubers to reach new audience and enhance exposure for videos. In addition, collabs are a great way to diversify content, grow the channel, forge connections with vloggers and showcase creativity.
Below are 4 ways to collaborate with other vloggers and grow your audience:
1. Guest appearance in each other’s YouTube channel
Guest appearances offer a lot of variety to followers. They are usually very engaging and fun to watch. Thus, approach a YouTuber with a large following to appear in your video.
For example, YouTuber Ray William Johnson invited the “Smosh” duo Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla to co-host a video.
- Introduce your guest vloggers to your followers.
- Provide a link to your guest’s youtube channel in the video description. In addition, include an annotation link at the end of the video. Request your guest vlogger to do the same for you.
- Use Google Hangouts on Air, if you cannot meet up with the vlogger. Record your Hangout conversation and upload it to YouTube.
Take a look at how the JacksGap duo have included important links to their collab partner’s YouTube channel and social networks.
2. Make a video together
Make a video together and structure it as a two-part collab. Upload the first part on your channel and the second part on your partner’s channel. At the end of Part 1, direct viewers to your partner’s channel to watch the rest of the video.
- Include an element of suspense in the first part of the video. This will compel viewers to watch the rest of the video on your partner’s channel.
- Include a strong call-to-action at the end of the video to encourage viewers to watch Part 2.
3. Give in-video shout outs to each other
The easiest way to collaborate is to give each other in-video shout outs. Mention each other’s YouTube channel in the video description. In addition, you could also include an annotation link to your partners’ channel and vice versa. In-video shout outs require very little effort from both parties. Thus, they are a great way to collaborate on a short notice.
Watch this video for some inspiration.
- Use strong call-to-action phrases to encourage viewers to subscribe to your partner’s channel.
- Introduce your partner’s channel and mention the kind of video he/she uploads.
- Mention an interesting fact about your collab partner to intrigue viewers.
Collaborate on social media
Use social media to give each other shout-outs. Mention each other’s videos on all social networks.
- Post a link to your partner’s video on Facebook
- Tweet and retweet each other’s videos
- Post a link to each other’s videos on the Instagram bio.
- Start a Facebook page together and build a community of audience.
In conclusion, collabs are a great way to add a fresh take to your videos. They keep your audience engaged and help you expand your viewership. Therefore, experiment with the above collab styles to grow your YouTube audience.
Interested in getting your YouTube video discovered by masses of targeted fans? Click this link: www.promolta.com
Manasa Boggaram is a writer and has a strong passion for music, positive news and constructive journalism. When she is not researching story ideas or writing blog posts, she spends her time reading books, discovering new music and eating lots of street food.